Monday, July 13, 2009

Afternoon, Monday July 13


























We had an absolutely incredible morning with a lot of cooking!! We made homemade focaccia bread, salade nicoise and a peach tart. Way too much food but hey, I'm in Italy. We had some bad news though this morning. Holly's mother-in-law passed away early in the morning. She has been sick for a very long time and although it's sad, it's the best thing for Carol. I'm sure she's in a much better place now.
Beth is still losing her glasses (imagine that), haha! I think I'll get a string and tie it from her to the glasses. I just mentioned to her that I was ragging on her and she said I shouldn't post it as that--I'm supposed to say that she keeps "finding" her glasses. At least she's finding them huh?!

We are getting ready for our afternoon class. I am extremely tired this afternoon though. I had an hour break between classes and I actually went and laid down for a bit. Couldn't sleep though--I kept seeing myself rolling out the bread dough and chopping the fresh rosemary. I am learning so much and don't want to miss a second. Gotta go for now--much to do. Probably need to help Beth find her glasses one more time before we get started. Chef Laura is resting with us as well. Yippee. A few more minutes of rest. More to come later.

The morning was our French lesson and the afternoon is to be Moroccan. What a treat. I'm having to type this particular entry the morning after so you'll have to bear with me. Today is our excursion day to a Pecorino cheese maker and an olive oil factory. I may have to finish this entry when we return tonight but it will be late.

No comments:

Post a Comment