Friday, July 17, 2009

Wednesday, July 15




















Wow! What a day we had. Since our cooking school is advertised as Mediterranean Cooking, Wednesday was Spanish & French day. One of the days that I was really waiting for. Our day started off early. For lunch, we were to prepare Paella Valenciana, Sangria (yum, yum) ,Gazpacho, and Crema Catalana which is the spanish version of Creme Brulee if you know what that is. For the Paella, we did everything from actually cleaning the fish and seafood, chopping the chicken and de-boning it, to cooking it!!! I'm so very proud of myself because I actually cleaned a whole squid and even learned how to pop the eyes!! Never in a million years did I think I would do that. The pictures that will be posted with this entry will show you how well we did with all of the menu. My sister Lisa and I have been wanting a great Paella recipe for a very long time so I'm excited to make it for her and the rest of my family when I return home!!!
Lunch--oh my gosh!!! How delicious!! The gazpacho was absolutely to die for but we now need our own Siesta!! That isn't going to happen as we are making French Provencal for dinner. We have about a 30 minute break before we are to begin again.

The menu for the evening meal is as follows:
Salade de chevre chaud (Baked goat cheese salad)
Loup en croute de sel (Sea Bass baked in a crust of salt)
Ratatouille (mixed Provencal vegetables)
Fondant au chocolat (Molten chocolate cake)
Glace a la vanilla (Vanilla ice cream) and we added a lavendar flower to it as well

I have to say that the Salade de chevre chaud is now one of my all time favorite salads!!! It was absolutely incredible. Everyone worked so well together--it's sad because the week of cooking is almost over and we are all now really meshing together. It was another late night as it seems we don't eat dinner until about 9:30-10:00 and by the time we drink our wine and visit, before we know it, it's 2:00 in the morning Italy time!!! Oh well, when in Rome--------

No comments:

Post a Comment